Oct 7, 2012, 10:32 PM EST
Making Arroyo his No. 2 starter seemed to be the weak link in Dusty Baker’s postseason master plan, but Arroyo has the curve working tonight and has retired all nine hitters he’s faced. He’s already lowered his career postseason ERA from 6.04 to 5.33.
It’s just Arroyo’s second postseason start in his seven years with the Reds. He made two starts and eight relief appearances with the Red Sox previously.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27