Oct 7, 2012, 10:32 PM EDT
Making Arroyo his No. 2 starter seemed to be the weak link in Dusty Baker’s postseason master plan, but Arroyo has the curve working tonight and has retired all nine hitters he’s faced. He’s already lowered his career postseason ERA from 6.04 to 5.33.
It’s just Arroyo’s second postseason start in his seven years with the Reds. He made two starts and eight relief appearances with the Red Sox previously.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 29
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 21
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)