Oct 7, 2012, 10:32 PM EST
Making Arroyo his No. 2 starter seemed to be the weak link in Dusty Baker’s postseason master plan, but Arroyo has the curve working tonight and has retired all nine hitters he’s faced. He’s already lowered his career postseason ERA from 6.04 to 5.33.
It’s just Arroyo’s second postseason start in his seven years with the Reds. He made two starts and eight relief appearances with the Red Sox previously.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 2
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 34
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)