Oct 7, 2012, 10:32 PM EDT
Making Arroyo his No. 2 starter seemed to be the weak link in Dusty Baker’s postseason master plan, but Arroyo has the curve working tonight and has retired all nine hitters he’s faced. He’s already lowered his career postseason ERA from 6.04 to 5.33.
It’s just Arroyo’s second postseason start in his seven years with the Reds. He made two starts and eight relief appearances with the Red Sox previously.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (152)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)