Oct 7, 2012, 4:11 PM EDT
Nationals left-hander Gio Gonzalez hasn’t allowed a hit through two innings, but he has issued five walks and thrown some wild pitches, allowing the Cardinals to take an early 2-1 lead in Game 1 of the NLDS.
This is Gio’s first career postseason start and the five-game series opened on the road due to this year’s odd home field advantage format. So it’s a reasonable assumption that he’s battling jitters.
Adam Wainwright just took the mound for the top of the third. He’s also had some command issues.
What looked like a potential pitchers’ duel on paper could very well turn into a shootout. Strap in, folks.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 0
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 127
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (130)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)