Oct 7, 2012, 4:11 PM EDT
Nationals left-hander Gio Gonzalez hasn’t allowed a hit through two innings, but he has issued five walks and thrown some wild pitches, allowing the Cardinals to take an early 2-1 lead in Game 1 of the NLDS.
This is Gio’s first career postseason start and the five-game series opened on the road due to this year’s odd home field advantage format. So it’s a reasonable assumption that he’s battling jitters.
Adam Wainwright just took the mound for the top of the third. He’s also had some command issues.
What looked like a potential pitchers’ duel on paper could very well turn into a shootout. Strap in, folks.
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness