Oct 7, 2012, 4:11 PM EST
Nationals left-hander Gio Gonzalez hasn’t allowed a hit through two innings, but he has issued five walks and thrown some wild pitches, allowing the Cardinals to take an early 2-1 lead in Game 1 of the NLDS.
This is Gio’s first career postseason start and the five-game series opened on the road due to this year’s odd home field advantage format. So it’s a reasonable assumption that he’s battling jitters.
Adam Wainwright just took the mound for the top of the third. He’s also had some command issues.
What looked like a potential pitchers’ duel on paper could very well turn into a shootout. Strap in, folks.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)