Oct 7, 2012, 4:11 PM EDT
Nationals left-hander Gio Gonzalez hasn’t allowed a hit through two innings, but he has issued five walks and thrown some wild pitches, allowing the Cardinals to take an early 2-1 lead in Game 1 of the NLDS.
This is Gio’s first career postseason start and the five-game series opened on the road due to this year’s odd home field advantage format. So it’s a reasonable assumption that he’s battling jitters.
Adam Wainwright just took the mound for the top of the third. He’s also had some command issues.
What looked like a potential pitchers’ duel on paper could very well turn into a shootout. Strap in, folks.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)