Oct 7, 2012, 4:24 PM EDT
Alburquerque kissed the ball before throwing it over to Prince Fielder for the out in a tie game. It was the only batter he’d face, and he was credited with the victory when the Tigers scored in the bottom of the ninth.
The A’s weren’t at all impressed by the gesture.
“It did get under my skin,” outfielder Josh Reddick said. “It was very unprofessional. I didn’t appreciate that one bit.”
One imagines the Tigers will tell Alburquerque not to do it again. If any Detroit reliever is going to make it a point to regularly show up the other team, it’s going to be Jose Valverde.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)