Oct 7, 2012, 2:19 PM EDT
Tigers starter Doug Fister has been pretty sharp this afternoon at a chilly Comerica Park, boasting eight strikeouts through seven innings against the A’s. But leadoff walks are murder. And the one Fister just issued to Seth Smith could be a real haunter.
Oakland leads Detroit 2-1 as this ALDS Game 2 moves along to the bottom of the seventh inning.
A’s starter Tommy Milone is out of the game after yielding just one run in six frames while fanning six.
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 20
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 37
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 47
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 39
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (101)