Oct 7, 2012, 2:19 PM EDT
Tigers starter Doug Fister has been pretty sharp this afternoon at a chilly Comerica Park, boasting eight strikeouts through seven innings against the A’s. But leadoff walks are murder. And the one Fister just issued to Seth Smith could be a real haunter.
Oakland leads Detroit 2-1 as this ALDS Game 2 moves along to the bottom of the seventh inning.
A’s starter Tommy Milone is out of the game after yielding just one run in six frames while fanning six.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 41
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)