Oct 7, 2012, 2:19 PM EST
Tigers starter Doug Fister has been pretty sharp this afternoon at a chilly Comerica Park, boasting eight strikeouts through seven innings against the A’s. But leadoff walks are murder. And the one Fister just issued to Seth Smith could be a real haunter.
Oakland leads Detroit 2-1 as this ALDS Game 2 moves along to the bottom of the seventh inning.
A’s starter Tommy Milone is out of the game after yielding just one run in six frames while fanning six.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)