Oct 7, 2012, 2:19 PM EDT
Tigers starter Doug Fister has been pretty sharp this afternoon at a chilly Comerica Park, boasting eight strikeouts through seven innings against the A’s. But leadoff walks are murder. And the one Fister just issued to Seth Smith could be a real haunter.
Oakland leads Detroit 2-1 as this ALDS Game 2 moves along to the bottom of the seventh inning.
A’s starter Tommy Milone is out of the game after yielding just one run in six frames while fanning six.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)