Oct 7, 2012, 11:36 PM EDT
After Ryan Ludwick‘s solo homer in the second, the Reds got to Madison Bumgarner for three runs in the fourth to break the game open. Bumgarner was chased in the fifth, and Tim Lincecum entered to make his third major league relief appearance in the sixth. He pitched a perfect frame in his first inning of work.
Arroyo is at 75 pitches through six, opening up the possibility that he could go the distance. The Reds would surely love that, especially in light of the fact that Aroldis Chapman threw 28 pitches in the ninth last night.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 27
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 44
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 57
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)