Oct 7, 2012, 2:47 PM EDT
But Coco Crisp failed to secure a basket catch and both runners raced home, giving the Tigers a sudden 3-2 lead. MLB Network replay showed the ball hitting the heel of Crisp’s glove, rather than the webbing.
Crisp looked distraught as he jogged in after the third out was recorded. But his mood quickly improved.
Yoenis Cespedes opened the top of the eighth inning with a single, then stole second and third before scoring on a wild pitch by Tigers reliever Joaquin Benoit. Josh Reddick followed with a solo home run.
The A’s are up 4-3 as Game 2 of the ALDS marches into the bottom of the eight. We’ve got a wild one.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 0
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)