Oct 7, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
Delmon Young and Jhonny Peralta hit back-to-back singles to open the bottom of the eighth then advanced to second and third base when Andy Dirks executed a sacrifice bunt. Quintin Berry struck out looking against Oakland’s Ryan Cook for the Tigers’ second out but the runner from third scooted home in the next at-bat when Cook bounced a ball in front of A’s catcher George Kottaras and it made its way all the way to the backstop.
The score is tied 4-4 as the ninth inning gets underway. The drama is palpable in Detroit.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)