Oct 7, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
Delmon Young and Jhonny Peralta hit back-to-back singles to open the bottom of the eighth then advanced to second and third base when Andy Dirks executed a sacrifice bunt. Quintin Berry struck out looking against Oakland’s Ryan Cook for the Tigers’ second out but the runner from third scooted home in the next at-bat when Cook bounced a ball in front of A’s catcher George Kottaras and it made its way all the way to the backstop.
The score is tied 4-4 as the ninth inning gets underway. The drama is palpable in Detroit.
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 1
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 1
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 3
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 26
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 79
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)