Oct 7, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
Delmon Young and Jhonny Peralta hit back-to-back singles to open the bottom of the eighth then advanced to second and third base when Andy Dirks executed a sacrifice bunt. Quintin Berry struck out looking against Oakland’s Ryan Cook for the Tigers’ second out but the runner from third scooted home in the next at-bat when Cook bounced a ball in front of A’s catcher George Kottaras and it made its way all the way to the backstop.
The score is tied 4-4 as the ninth inning gets underway. The drama is palpable in Detroit.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 4
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 12
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)