Oct 7, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
Delmon Young and Jhonny Peralta hit back-to-back singles to open the bottom of the eighth then advanced to second and third base when Andy Dirks executed a sacrifice bunt. Quintin Berry struck out looking against Oakland’s Ryan Cook for the Tigers’ second out but the runner from third scooted home in the next at-bat when Cook bounced a ball in front of A’s catcher George Kottaras and it made its way all the way to the backstop.
The score is tied 4-4 as the ninth inning gets underway. The drama is palpable in Detroit.
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 0
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 22
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)