Oct 8, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
Fun from Chris Jaffe at The Hardball Times today: 2012’s most exciting and incredible games.
It not only highlights the games themselves, but talks a bit about what makes a game wild: close-and-late? Comebacks? No-hitters? Big swings and constant lead changes? All of that really.
Jaffe puts them on a point scale and tries to quantify the excitement. Which, yes, I admit plays into stathead stereotypes, but we’ll let it pass because Jaffe’s good at what he does.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8