Oct 8, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
Fun from Chris Jaffe at The Hardball Times today: 2012’s most exciting and incredible games.
It not only highlights the games themselves, but talks a bit about what makes a game wild: close-and-late? Comebacks? No-hitters? Big swings and constant lead changes? All of that really.
Jaffe puts them on a point scale and tries to quantify the excitement. Which, yes, I admit plays into stathead stereotypes, but we’ll let it pass because Jaffe’s good at what he does.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 15
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)