Oct 8, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register reports that Ellis will be sidelined for six weeks, which should give him plenty of time to get healthy by spring training.
After years of being stuck in the minors and then in a backup role in the majors Ellis finally got his big chance this season at age 31 and took advantage by hitting .270 with 13 homers, 65 walks, and a .786 OPS that ranked eighth among the 26 players with at least 75 games caught.
He played 133 games and caught 1,151 innings after coming into the season with a total of 87 games and 568 innings for his career.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)