Oct 8, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register reports that Ellis will be sidelined for six weeks, which should give him plenty of time to get healthy by spring training.
After years of being stuck in the minors and then in a backup role in the majors Ellis finally got his big chance this season at age 31 and took advantage by hitting .270 with 13 homers, 65 walks, and a .786 OPS that ranked eighth among the 26 players with at least 75 games caught.
He played 133 games and caught 1,151 innings after coming into the season with a total of 87 games and 568 innings for his career.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final