Oct 8, 2012, 3:50 PM EDT
As soon as Oakland included Brett Anderson on the ALDS roster despite not pitching since injuring his oblique on September 19 it was clear they planned for him to start a game against Detroit and sure enough he’ll get the call for Game 3 tomorrow night.
Before the oblique injury Anderson had pitched very well in his return from Tommy John elbow surgery, starting six games with a 2.57 ERA and 25/7 K/BB ratio in 35 innings. Relying on him for what is truly a must-win game is risky simply because he hasn’t faced big-league hitters in three weeks, but he reported no problems following a bullpen session Saturday.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)