Oct 8, 2012, 9:57 PM EDT
The Orioles have taken the lead over the Yankees in Baltimore. Chris Davis just knocked in two runs with a bases-loaded single off Andy Pettitte in the bottom of the third inning to put the Orioles on the board and give them a 2-1 lead.
Adam Jones followed Davis’ hit with a bleeder that went under the glove of Derek Jeter and into shallow left field, but J.J. Hardy failed to pick up his third base coach and run home. It appears that he thought Jeter made the play. He was also deked by Alex Rodriguez, who made him think the ball was about to be thrown to third base.
Matt Wieters flew out on the next pitch for the final out of the inning, but it could have been a 3-1 lead for the O’s. The Hardy play could loom large in this one.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona