Oct 8, 2012, 9:57 PM EDT
The Orioles have taken the lead over the Yankees in Baltimore. Chris Davis just knocked in two runs with a bases-loaded single off Andy Pettitte in the bottom of the third inning to put the Orioles on the board and give them a 2-1 lead.
Adam Jones followed Davis’ hit with a bleeder that went under the glove of Derek Jeter and into shallow left field, but J.J. Hardy failed to pick up his third base coach and run home. It appears that he thought Jeter made the play. He was also deked by Alex Rodriguez, who made him think the ball was about to be thrown to third base.
Matt Wieters flew out on the next pitch for the final out of the inning, but it could have been a 3-1 lead for the O’s. The Hardy play could loom large in this one.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 18
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (121)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)