Game times for Wednesday announced

Oct 8, 2012, 4:30 PM EST

schedule planner

There is a possibility of four games on Wednesday. Whether there actually will be four games is up to the Giants and A’s. If all four games go off on Wednesday, however, the schedule breaks down thusly:

• NLDS Game 3, STL @ WSH: 1:07 p.m. (ET) MLB Network
  • NLDS Game 4, SF @ CIN: 4:07 p.m. (ET) TBS
  • ALDS Game 3, BAL @ NYY: 7:37 p.m. (ET) TBS
  • ALDS Game 4, DET @ OAK: 9:37 p.m. (ET) TNT

If the Giants-Reds and Tigers-A’s series ends before then, the Yankees-O’s shifts to 8:37 PM.

1. paperlions - Oct 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM

The number one reason to root against the Yankees advancing….so some other team gets the prime time slot.

• albertmn - Oct 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I am all for rooting against the Yankees, and do so constantly, but prime time TV slot wouldn’t even make my top 10 reason why.

• stlouis1baseball - Oct 9, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I am with you Albert. But a prime time TV slot is absolutely one of the many…many reasons.
        Midweek…1:07 P.M. first pitches suck ass.

• calsgr8 - Oct 9, 2012 at 6:58 AM

So if the Reds win, does the Nats game get moved up to 4?

• stlouis1baseball - Oct 9, 2012 at 9:03 AM

My guess is the start time stays the same.

2. jdrew506 - Oct 8, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Are you that much of a hater to understand that the teams have nothing to do with the time of the game, it is the MLB that makes the schedule.

• wonkypenguin - Oct 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Are you that much of a homer that you don’t realize the MLB always puts the Yankees in prime time because it maximizes their TV viewers which equals money?

It’s sort of like the year they let the Yankees decide what day they played…

• paperlions - Oct 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Of course I understand that….I didn’t blame the Yankees….did I? I just pointed out that they are fucking always in the prime time slot, which is 12 kinds of annoying when you can’t ever watch your team because you are at work when their games are on…..but, no Yankees in the post season = no Yankees in prime time.

Notice how I went all high road and didn’t start off with “Are you so stupid you don’t realize….”

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester