Oct 8, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Note: I do a weekly podcast that’s mostly about the Minnesota Twins, but also about baseball in general and other random topics that HBT readers may find amusing.
On this week’s “Gleeman and The Geek” episode we talked about the Twins replacing nearly their entire coaching staff after a decade of almost zero changes, how long Ron Gardenhire’s leash will be after the shakeup, what the shopping plans are for free agent pitching, casting ballots for team MVP, why no one seems to want Paul Molitor, the futures of Trevor Plouffe and Liam Hendriks, how to lessen the upcoming outfield logjam, and why long podcasts are the best podcasts.
- Rays play Saturday’s game against the Blue Jays under protest 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 33
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 242
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)