Oct 8, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Note: I do a weekly podcast that’s mostly about the Minnesota Twins, but also about baseball in general and other random topics that HBT readers may find amusing.
On this week’s “Gleeman and The Geek” episode we talked about the Twins replacing nearly their entire coaching staff after a decade of almost zero changes, how long Ron Gardenhire’s leash will be after the shakeup, what the shopping plans are for free agent pitching, casting ballots for team MVP, why no one seems to want Paul Molitor, the futures of Trevor Plouffe and Liam Hendriks, how to lessen the upcoming outfield logjam, and why long podcasts are the best podcasts.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with apparent side injury 1
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 2
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 3
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 30
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)