Oct 8, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Note: I do a weekly podcast that’s mostly about the Minnesota Twins, but also about baseball in general and other random topics that HBT readers may find amusing.
On this week’s “Gleeman and The Geek” episode we talked about the Twins replacing nearly their entire coaching staff after a decade of almost zero changes, how long Ron Gardenhire’s leash will be after the shakeup, what the shopping plans are for free agent pitching, casting ballots for team MVP, why no one seems to want Paul Molitor, the futures of Trevor Plouffe and Liam Hendriks, how to lessen the upcoming outfield logjam, and why long podcasts are the best podcasts.
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 4
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 9
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 63
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 27
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 55
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 161
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)