Oct 8, 2012, 9:44 PM EDT
The Cardinals ended up blowing out the Nationals 12-4 in Game 2 of the NLDS in St. Louis today, but Jon Jay‘s leaping catch in the top of the sixth inning came at a point where the game was far from decided. Heck, even without context, it was a pretty fantastic catch.
Only a few feet over and Jay would have been sucked into the Tony La Russa abyss, a deep and infinite chasm full of double-switches and left-handed specialists. Maybe next time.
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 7
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 27
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 24
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 43
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 94
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)