Oct 8, 2012, 9:44 PM EDT
The Cardinals ended up blowing out the Nationals 12-4 in Game 2 of the NLDS in St. Louis today, but Jon Jay‘s leaping catch in the top of the sixth inning came at a point where the game was far from decided. Heck, even without context, it was a pretty fantastic catch.
Only a few feet over and Jay would have been sucked into the Tony La Russa abyss, a deep and infinite chasm full of double-switches and left-handed specialists. Maybe next time.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)