Oct 8, 2012, 9:44 PM EDT
The Cardinals ended up blowing out the Nationals 12-4 in Game 2 of the NLDS in St. Louis today, but Jon Jay‘s leaping catch in the top of the sixth inning came at a point where the game was far from decided. Heck, even without context, it was a pretty fantastic catch.
Only a few feet over and Jay would have been sucked into the Tony La Russa abyss, a deep and infinite chasm full of double-switches and left-handed specialists. Maybe next time.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 5
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)