Oct 8, 2012, 9:44 PM EST
The Cardinals ended up blowing out the Nationals 12-4 in Game 2 of the NLDS in St. Louis today, but Jon Jay‘s leaping catch in the top of the sixth inning came at a point where the game was far from decided. Heck, even without context, it was a pretty fantastic catch.
Only a few feet over and Jay would have been sucked into the Tony La Russa abyss, a deep and infinite chasm full of double-switches and left-handed specialists. Maybe next time.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (74)