Oct 8, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
If you think that firing Bobby Valentine is the only thing that’s gonna go down in Boston this offseason, you got another think coming, says Red Sox President Larry Lucchino:
“We do think that there are some things that need to be done besides this. This is not the only change that’s going to made this offseason. There are myriad changes that will be made. We’ve begun with the megatrade with the Dodgers, with the addition of Jason Varitek, with the supplement to our evaluation process with Eddie Bane, now with the managerial change, there’ll be some coaching changes. There will be a host of changes. And there will be some new personnel.”
He may have a habit of throwing people under the bus and he may have forced Bobby Valentine on Red Sox Nation in the first place, but you gotta love a guy who not only uses the word “myriad,” but who uses it without the superfluous “of” after it. Nice one, Larry.
As for what those changes are? Heck, who knows? The free agent market is not full of game changers and the Sox don’t appear to have the pieces already in place to seriously compete. But hey, the team president is well-spoken.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 14
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54