Oct 8, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
If you think that firing Bobby Valentine is the only thing that’s gonna go down in Boston this offseason, you got another think coming, says Red Sox President Larry Lucchino:
“We do think that there are some things that need to be done besides this. This is not the only change that’s going to made this offseason. There are myriad changes that will be made. We’ve begun with the megatrade with the Dodgers, with the addition of Jason Varitek, with the supplement to our evaluation process with Eddie Bane, now with the managerial change, there’ll be some coaching changes. There will be a host of changes. And there will be some new personnel.”
He may have a habit of throwing people under the bus and he may have forced Bobby Valentine on Red Sox Nation in the first place, but you gotta love a guy who not only uses the word “myriad,” but who uses it without the superfluous “of” after it. Nice one, Larry.
As for what those changes are? Heck, who knows? The free agent market is not full of game changers and the Sox don’t appear to have the pieces already in place to seriously compete. But hey, the team president is well-spoken.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona