Oct 8, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
OK, this is a weird one.
George King of the New York Post reports that two Maryland state troopers assigned to the Yankees dugout for Game 1 of the ALDS last night asked Derek Jeter and Nick Swisher for autographs … during the game.
In the ninth inning, to be exact, although it’s unclear if the request was made before, after, or during the Yankees’ five-run outburst.
Jeter was asked afterward if he’d ever experienced something like that before and replied: “What do you think?”
And according to King’s unnamed source Swisher “was livid” about the whole thing. Pretty safe to assume they won’t be in the dugout for Game 2 tonight, although hopefully they’ll at least take the George Costanza “was that wrong?” route just in case.
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 0
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 48
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)