Oct 8, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
OK, this is a weird one.
George King of the New York Post reports that two Maryland state troopers assigned to the Yankees dugout for Game 1 of the ALDS last night asked Derek Jeter and Nick Swisher for autographs … during the game.
In the ninth inning, to be exact, although it’s unclear if the request was made before, after, or during the Yankees’ five-run outburst.
Jeter was asked afterward if he’d ever experienced something like that before and replied: “What do you think?”
And according to King’s unnamed source Swisher “was livid” about the whole thing. Pretty safe to assume they won’t be in the dugout for Game 2 tonight, although hopefully they’ll at least take the George Costanza “was that wrong?” route just in case.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)