Oct 8, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
OK, this is a weird one.
George King of the New York Post reports that two Maryland state troopers assigned to the Yankees dugout for Game 1 of the ALDS last night asked Derek Jeter and Nick Swisher for autographs … during the game.
In the ninth inning, to be exact, although it’s unclear if the request was made before, after, or during the Yankees’ five-run outburst.
Jeter was asked afterward if he’d ever experienced something like that before and replied: “What do you think?”
And according to King’s unnamed source Swisher “was livid” about the whole thing. Pretty safe to assume they won’t be in the dugout for Game 2 tonight, although hopefully they’ll at least take the George Costanza “was that wrong?” route just in case.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27