Oct 8, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the NLDS between the Cardinals and Nationals, in St. Louis:
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS WASHINGTON NATIONALS 1. Jon Jay, CF 1. Jayson Werth, RF 2. Carlos Beltran, RF 2. Bryce Harper, CF 3. Matt Holliday, LF 3. Ryan Zimmerman, 3B 4. Allen Craig, 1B 4. Adam LaRoche, 1B 5. Yadier Molina, C 5. Michael Morse, LF 6. David Freese, 3B 6. Ian Desmond, SS 7. Daniel Descalso, 2B 7. Danny Espinosa, 2B 8. Pete Kozma, SS 8. Kurt Suzuki, C 9. Jaime Garcia, LHP 9. Jordan Zimmermann, RHP
Both teams are going with the exact same lineups they had in Game 1, which is interesting because the handedness of the pitchers changed for both sides. St. Louis is starting left-hander Jaime Garcia after using right-hander Adam Wainwright in Game 1, while Washington is starting right-hander Jordan Zimmermann after using left-hander Gio Gonzalez.
Of course, it’s not like it would make any sense for Mike Matheny to bench any of his all right-handed 3-4-5-6 hitters and the only left-handed hitters in Davey Johnson’s lineup are Bryce Harper and Adam LaRoche.
The first pitch is at 4:37 ET, so feel free to hang out in the comments section during the game.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 65
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)