Oct 8, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the NLDS between the Cardinals and Nationals, in St. Louis:
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS WASHINGTON NATIONALS 1. Jon Jay, CF 1. Jayson Werth, RF 2. Carlos Beltran, RF 2. Bryce Harper, CF 3. Matt Holliday, LF 3. Ryan Zimmerman, 3B 4. Allen Craig, 1B 4. Adam LaRoche, 1B 5. Yadier Molina, C 5. Michael Morse, LF 6. David Freese, 3B 6. Ian Desmond, SS 7. Daniel Descalso, 2B 7. Danny Espinosa, 2B 8. Pete Kozma, SS 8. Kurt Suzuki, C 9. Jaime Garcia, LHP 9. Jordan Zimmermann, RHP
Both teams are going with the exact same lineups they had in Game 1, which is interesting because the handedness of the pitchers changed for both sides. St. Louis is starting left-hander Jaime Garcia after using right-hander Adam Wainwright in Game 1, while Washington is starting right-hander Jordan Zimmermann after using left-hander Gio Gonzalez.
Of course, it’s not like it would make any sense for Mike Matheny to bench any of his all right-handed 3-4-5-6 hitters and the only left-handed hitters in Davey Johnson’s lineup are Bryce Harper and Adam LaRoche.
The first pitch is at 4:37 ET, so feel free to hang out in the comments section during the game.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 35
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 54
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 90
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (90)