Oct 8, 2012, 8:23 PM EDT
Another day, another rain delay.
The start of Game 2 of the ALDS between the Yankees and Orioles is being delayed due to rain in the Baltimore area. It shouldn’t be as long as what we had to sit through last night, though.
According to Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com, first pitch is expected to be around 8:45 p.m. ET.
BALTIMORE ORIOLES NEW YORK YANKEES 1. Nate McLouth, LF 1. Derek Jeter, SS 2. J.J. Hardy, SS 2. Ichiro Suzuki, LF 3. Chris Davis, RF 3. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 4. Adam Jones, CF 4. Robinson Cano, 2B 5. Matt Wieters, C 5. Nick Swisher, RF 6. Mark Reynolds, 1B 6. Mark Teixeira, 1B 7. Jim Thome, DH 7. Russell Martin, C 8. Manny Machado, 3B 8. Curtis Granderson, CF 9. Robert Andino, 2B 9. Eduardo Nunez, DH
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)