Oct 9, 2012, 5:22 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the ALDS between the Tigers and A’s, in Oakland:
DETROIT TIGERS OAKLAND A'S 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Coco Crisp, CF 2. Omar Infante, 2B 2. Stephen Drew, SS 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 3. Yoenis Cespedes, LF 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. Brandon Moss, 1B 5. Delmon Young, DH 5. Josh Reddick, RF 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 6. Josh Donaldson, 3B 7. Andy Dirks, LF 7. Seth Smith, DH 8. Avisail Garcia, RF 8. Derek Norris, C 9. Gerald Laird, C 9. Cliff Pennington, 2B SP Anibal Sanchez, RHP SP Brett Anderson, LHP
Detroit is using all right-handed starting pitchers this series, which means Oakland is going with the left-handed-hitting half of manager Bob Melvin’s various platoons. Except for at catcher, where Derek Norris is back in the lineup after giving way to George Kottaras in Game 2.
Jim Leyland doesn’t platoon quite as much, but for the second straight game he’s going with the right-handed-hitting Gerald Laird behind the plate instead of the left-handed-hitting Alex Avila because the A’s are using a southpaw starter. And that southpaw starter, Brett Anderson, is pitching for the first time since injuring his oblique on September 19.
- Report: Mariners break off talks with Robinson Cano after Jay Z “overplayed his hand” 45
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)