Oct 9, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the ALDS between the Tigers and A’s, in Oakland:
DETROIT TIGERS OAKLAND A'S 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Coco Crisp, CF 2. Omar Infante, 2B 2. Stephen Drew, SS 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 3. Yoenis Cespedes, LF 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. Brandon Moss, 1B 5. Delmon Young, DH 5. Josh Reddick, RF 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 6. Josh Donaldson, 3B 7. Andy Dirks, LF 7. Seth Smith, DH 8. Avisail Garcia, RF 8. Derek Norris, C 9. Gerald Laird, C 9. Cliff Pennington, 2B SP Anibal Sanchez, RHP SP Brett Anderson, LHP
Detroit is using all right-handed starting pitchers this series, which means Oakland is going with the left-handed-hitting half of manager Bob Melvin’s various platoons. Except for at catcher, where Derek Norris is back in the lineup after giving way to George Kottaras in Game 2.
Jim Leyland doesn’t platoon quite as much, but for the second straight game he’s going with the right-handed-hitting Gerald Laird behind the plate instead of the left-handed-hitting Alex Avila because the A’s are using a southpaw starter. And that southpaw starter, Brett Anderson, is pitching for the first time since injuring his oblique on September 19.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 18
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 63
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)