Oct 9, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reports that Ortiz will be in a walking boot for the next 7-10 days and will be sidelined for a total of 4-6 weeks.
That gives him plenty of time to get healthy by spring training, certainly, but between that and missing nearly the entire second half Ortiz isn’t exactly an ideal candidate for the multi-year contract he’s seeking.
“I did it just to make sure,” Ortiz said. “I talked to so many people that had it done, so I wanted to be sure. They said they were sore after doing it, but I wasn’t sore at all.”
Ortiz topped a 1.000 OPS for the first time since 2007, but also failed to play 100 games for the first time since 2001 and was in the lineup for just one of the Red Sox’s final 72 games.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)