Oct 9, 2012, 8:55 PM EDT
The Reds scored one run on a Jay Bruce RBI single in the bottom of the first inning and San Francisco answered back on a sacrifice fly from Angel Pagan in the top of the third. But that’s where the scoring summary stops through nine innings of this NLDS Game 3 at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati.
Reds starter Homer Bailey carried a no-hitter into the sixth inning and wound up fanning a career-high-matching 10 batters over seven dominant frames. Giants starter Ryan Vogelsong was plenty sharp in his own right, allowing just three hits in five innings.
And both bullpens have been excellent since those two starting pitchers were pulled.
It’s all tied 1-1 as we move to the top of the 10th inning. The Reds lead the five-game series 2-0.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)