Oct 9, 2012, 8:55 PM EDT
The Reds scored one run on a Jay Bruce RBI single in the bottom of the first inning and San Francisco answered back on a sacrifice fly from Angel Pagan in the top of the third. But that’s where the scoring summary stops through nine innings of this NLDS Game 3 at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati.
Reds starter Homer Bailey carried a no-hitter into the sixth inning and wound up fanning a career-high-matching 10 batters over seven dominant frames. Giants starter Ryan Vogelsong was plenty sharp in his own right, allowing just three hits in five innings.
And both bullpens have been excellent since those two starting pitchers were pulled.
It’s all tied 1-1 as we move to the top of the 10th inning. The Reds lead the five-game series 2-0.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims