Oct 9, 2012, 8:55 PM EDT
The Reds scored one run on a Jay Bruce RBI single in the bottom of the first inning and San Francisco answered back on a sacrifice fly from Angel Pagan in the top of the third. But that’s where the scoring summary stops through nine innings of this NLDS Game 3 at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati.
Reds starter Homer Bailey carried a no-hitter into the sixth inning and wound up fanning a career-high-matching 10 batters over seven dominant frames. Giants starter Ryan Vogelsong was plenty sharp in his own right, allowing just three hits in five innings.
And both bullpens have been excellent since those two starting pitchers were pulled.
It’s all tied 1-1 as we move to the top of the 10th inning. The Reds lead the five-game series 2-0.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)