Oct 9, 2012, 8:55 PM EDT
The Reds scored one run on a Jay Bruce RBI single in the bottom of the first inning and San Francisco answered back on a sacrifice fly from Angel Pagan in the top of the third. But that’s where the scoring summary stops through nine innings of this NLDS Game 3 at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati.
Reds starter Homer Bailey carried a no-hitter into the sixth inning and wound up fanning a career-high-matching 10 batters over seven dominant frames. Giants starter Ryan Vogelsong was plenty sharp in his own right, allowing just three hits in five innings.
And both bullpens have been excellent since those two starting pitchers were pulled.
It’s all tied 1-1 as we move to the top of the 10th inning. The Reds lead the five-game series 2-0.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)