Oct 9, 2012, 6:54 PM EDT
A little bit of small ball has given the Giants life.
After Gregor Blanco took a pitch off his shoulder and Brandon Crawford walked, Ryan Vogelsong laid down a sacrifice bunt that put two runners in scoring position with one out. Angel Pagan then launched a sacrifice fly to deep center field, pushing the Giants into a 1-1 tie with the Reds in the top of the third of this NLDS Game 3. Marco Scutaro hit into a groundout to end the productive frame.
Vogelsong is already up to 68 pitches, though, and the Giants have begun warming some arms in the visitors bullpen.
The fourth inning is about to get underway at Great American Ball Park in southwest Ohio.
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 0
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 21
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 53
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)