Oct 9, 2012, 6:54 PM EDT
A little bit of small ball has given the Giants life.
After Gregor Blanco took a pitch off his shoulder and Brandon Crawford walked, Ryan Vogelsong laid down a sacrifice bunt that put two runners in scoring position with one out. Angel Pagan then launched a sacrifice fly to deep center field, pushing the Giants into a 1-1 tie with the Reds in the top of the third of this NLDS Game 3. Marco Scutaro hit into a groundout to end the productive frame.
Vogelsong is already up to 68 pitches, though, and the Giants have begun warming some arms in the visitors bullpen.
The fourth inning is about to get underway at Great American Ball Park in southwest Ohio.
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 2
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 17
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 25
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 43
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)