Oct 9, 2012, 6:54 PM EDT
A little bit of small ball has given the Giants life.
After Gregor Blanco took a pitch off his shoulder and Brandon Crawford walked, Ryan Vogelsong laid down a sacrifice bunt that put two runners in scoring position with one out. Angel Pagan then launched a sacrifice fly to deep center field, pushing the Giants into a 1-1 tie with the Reds in the top of the third of this NLDS Game 3. Marco Scutaro hit into a groundout to end the productive frame.
Vogelsong is already up to 68 pitches, though, and the Giants have begun warming some arms in the visitors bullpen.
The fourth inning is about to get underway at Great American Ball Park in southwest Ohio.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 50
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)