Oct 9, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
This afternoon the Rangers held their season-ending press conference with reporters and among the interesting tidbits passed along by T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com is that they won’t make Josh Hamilton an offer before he hits the open market.
Obviously it’s unlikely that Hamilton would have passed up free agency anyway and Nolan Ryan did not rule out re-signing Hamilton, but at this point very few people seem to think the former MVP will be back in Texas.
Hamilton figures to be one of the most interesting free agents in a long time, because based strictly on his age and production he’d normally be in line for a huge long-term deal. And yet would anyone really be shocked if he failed to crack $100 million?
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)