Oct 9, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
This afternoon the Rangers held their season-ending press conference with reporters and among the interesting tidbits passed along by T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com is that they won’t make Josh Hamilton an offer before he hits the open market.
Obviously it’s unlikely that Hamilton would have passed up free agency anyway and Nolan Ryan did not rule out re-signing Hamilton, but at this point very few people seem to think the former MVP will be back in Texas.
Hamilton figures to be one of the most interesting free agents in a long time, because based strictly on his age and production he’d normally be in line for a huge long-term deal. And yet would anyone really be shocked if he failed to crack $100 million?
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights