Oct 9, 2012, 1:20 PM EST
When the Diamondbacks officially fired their television announcing duo of Daron Sutton and Mark Grace there was speculation that they might try to hire Steve Stone away from the White Sox and then Stone fanned the flames a bit by playing sort of coy about his status beyond this season.
That changed today, as Stone made it very clear during a radio interview with WSCR-AM 670 in Chicago that he’ll be back as Hawk Harrelson’s broadcast partner in 2013:
My plans are very simple. I plan to stay with the Chicago White Sox through this contract and hopefully beyond. Regardless of what you might have read or heard or people speculated on or blogged or anything else, I will be back. It’s 100 percent. Hopefully, as I say, for many years. In looking at it, this is, in my estimation, the best big city in the country.
I’ve always liked Stone, dating back to his days with the Cubs alongside Harry Caray, and for as much as non-White Sox fans seem to despise Harrelson in general I actually think they have a decent rapport on the air. They are, in fact, my second favorite Harrelson-Stone duo of all time.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)