Oct 9, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Aaron noted this morning that Jaime Garcia‘s health status was weird. But now it’s moot. The Cardinals just announced that Garcia has been removed from the postseason roster and will be replaced with Shelby Miller.
Miller will almost certainly be slated for the pen, but I suppose weirder things have happened than giving him a start. He pitched in six major league games after his callup, starting one, and posting a 1.32 ERA while striking out 16 in 13 and two-thirds.
While the MRI results aren’t back yet, Garcia,is said to have a rotator-cuff strain/inflammation. Even if his MRI is clean, he will now be ineligible for the NLCS if the Cards should so advance. He would be able to come back for the World Series.
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 33
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 59
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 30
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- Billy Beane: The age of “baseball insiders” vs. “baseball outsiders” will soon be over 58
- Cardinals reportedly making a strong push to acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 49
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)