Oct 9, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Aaron noted this morning that Jaime Garcia‘s health status was weird. But now it’s moot. The Cardinals just announced that Garcia has been removed from the postseason roster and will be replaced with Shelby Miller.
Miller will almost certainly be slated for the pen, but I suppose weirder things have happened than giving him a start. He pitched in six major league games after his callup, starting one, and posting a 1.32 ERA while striking out 16 in 13 and two-thirds.
While the MRI results aren’t back yet, Garcia,is said to have a rotator-cuff strain/inflammation. Even if his MRI is clean, he will now be ineligible for the NLCS if the Cards should so advance. He would be able to come back for the World Series.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)