Oct 9, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Aaron noted this morning that Jaime Garcia‘s health status was weird. But now it’s moot. The Cardinals just announced that Garcia has been removed from the postseason roster and will be replaced with Shelby Miller.
Miller will almost certainly be slated for the pen, but I suppose weirder things have happened than giving him a start. He pitched in six major league games after his callup, starting one, and posting a 1.32 ERA while striking out 16 in 13 and two-thirds.
While the MRI results aren’t back yet, Garcia,is said to have a rotator-cuff strain/inflammation. Even if his MRI is clean, he will now be ineligible for the NLCS if the Cards should so advance. He would be able to come back for the World Series.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 22
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)