Oct 9, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
Aaron noted this morning that Jaime Garcia‘s health status was weird. But now it’s moot. The Cardinals just announced that Garcia has been removed from the postseason roster and will be replaced with Shelby Miller.
Miller will almost certainly be slated for the pen, but I suppose weirder things have happened than giving him a start. He pitched in six major league games after his callup, starting one, and posting a 1.32 ERA while striking out 16 in 13 and two-thirds.
While the MRI results aren’t back yet, Garcia,is said to have a rotator-cuff strain/inflammation. Even if his MRI is clean, he will now be ineligible for the NLCS if the Cards should so advance. He would be able to come back for the World Series.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)