Oct 9, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
Aaron noted this morning that Jaime Garcia‘s health status was weird. But now it’s moot. The Cardinals just announced that Garcia has been removed from the postseason roster and will be replaced with Shelby Miller.
Miller will almost certainly be slated for the pen, but I suppose weirder things have happened than giving him a start. He pitched in six major league games after his callup, starting one, and posting a 1.32 ERA while striking out 16 in 13 and two-thirds.
While the MRI results aren’t back yet, Garcia,is said to have a rotator-cuff strain/inflammation. Even if his MRI is clean, he will now be ineligible for the NLCS if the Cards should so advance. He would be able to come back for the World Series.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 1
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 20
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)