Oct 9, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
I’m usually the first person to note that football and baseball ratings are apples and oranges. Usually because baseball is primarily a local viewership thing and football is more of a national thing. That said, I was kind of surprised by the comparison of the ratings between the Jets-Texans game and the Yankees-Orioles game last night.
Not nationally, of course . That was not surprising at all — see: local vs. national — but in the New York market itself:
The Jets drew a 10.0 rating nationally while the Yankees, who played on TBS, scored a meager 3.6. The spread was much smaller in New York, with Gang Green scoring a 13.8 and the Bombers a respectable 11.0.
I’m torn: should we credit Tebow for this or blame A-Rod?
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)