Oct 10, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the ALDS between the Orioles and Yankees, in New York:
BALTIMORE ORIOLES NEW YORK YANKEES 1. Nate McLouth, LF 1. Derek Jeter, SS 2. J.J. Hardy, SS 2. Ichiro Suzuki, LF 3. Chris Davis, RF 3. Alex Rodriguez, DH 4. Adam Jones, CF 4. Robinson Cano, 2B 5. Matt Wieters, C 5. Nick Swisher, RF 6. Jim Thome, DH 6. Mark Teixeira, 1B 7. Mark Reynolds, 1B 7. Curtis Granderson, CF 8. Ryan Flaherty, 2B 8. Russell Martin, C 9. Manny Machado, 3B 9. Eric Chavez, 3B SP Miguel Gonzalez, RHP SP Hiroki Kuroda, RHP
Facing right-hander Hiroki Kuroda instead of left-hander Andy Pettitte, manager Buck Showalter flipped Jim Thome and Mark Reynolds in the 6-7 spots, dropped Manny Machado down one spot, and benched Robert Andino in favor of Ryan Flaherty at second base.
Joe Girardi is keeping Alex Rodriguez in the No. 3 spot despite fans calling for a demotion in the batting order, although he does have A-Rod at designated hitter instead of third base. Eric Chavez is playing third base and batting ninth, where Eduardo Nunez was used as the DH in Game 2. Raul Ibanez sits versus a right-hander, which is uncommon, and with a righty on the mound Girardi flipped Curtis Granderson and Russell Martin in the 7-8 spots.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 35
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)