Oct 10, 2012, 7:18 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 4 of the ALDS between the Tigers and A’s. First pitch is 9:37 p.m. ET:
DETROIT TIGERS OAKLAND ATHLETICS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Coco Crisp, CF 2. Quintin Berry, LF 2. Stephen Drew, SS 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 3. Yoenis Cespedes, LF 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. Brandon Moss, 1B 5. Delmon Young, DH 5. Josh Reddick, RF 6. Andy Dirks, RF 6. Josh Donaldson, 3B 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Seth Smith, DH 8. Alex Avila, C 8. Derek Norris, C 9. Omar Infante, 2B 9. Cliff Pennington, 2B SP Max Scherzer, RH SP A.J. Griffin, RH
The Tigers have made a couple of lineup changes after losing to left-hander Brett Anderson in Game 3 on Tuesday night. Berry is back in left field, Dirks is back in right and Avisail Garcia will open on the bench. Also, Avila is back behind the plate following a rare Gerald Laird start on Tuesday.
The A’s are sticking with the same batting order that kept them alive in Game 3.
Detroit leads the five-game series 2-1. This one will be broadcast on TNT.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 240
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (240)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)