Oct 10, 2012, 6:07 AM EDT
Giants 2, Reds 1: No one would ever get rich betting on things like “Scott Rolen will make a critical error on a relatively easy bouncer to third,” but that’s what happened. It was set up by a passed ball, allowing the winning run to get to third. The Reds have still not won a home playoff game since 1995. Still, it’s not like the Giants’ offense is fixed — and if Hunter Pence were a horse he would have been shot by now — so you have to assume that Cincinnati stands a good chance of winning one of two.
Athletics 2, Tigers 0: Masterful pitching by the Brett Anderson and a bullpen that is not yet out of gas, it seems. And great defense helped matters. They face each other again tonight.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)