Oct 10, 2012, 6:07 AM EDT
Giants 2, Reds 1: No one would ever get rich betting on things like “Scott Rolen will make a critical error on a relatively easy bouncer to third,” but that’s what happened. It was set up by a passed ball, allowing the winning run to get to third. The Reds have still not won a home playoff game since 1995. Still, it’s not like the Giants’ offense is fixed — and if Hunter Pence were a horse he would have been shot by now — so you have to assume that Cincinnati stands a good chance of winning one of two.
Athletics 2, Tigers 0: Masterful pitching by the Brett Anderson and a bullpen that is not yet out of gas, it seems. And great defense helped matters. They face each other again tonight.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 3
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 81
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 59
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)