Oct 10, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
Cubs television analyst Bob Brenly is drawing interest from the Diamondbacks, with Arizona team president Derrick Hall saying as much during a radio interview yesterday while coyly using the code name “Lob Lenly.”
Brenly is currently announcing playoff games for TBS, but speculation about the Diamondbacks making a run at their former manager has been prevalent since August and the team officially firing their old announcing duo of Daron Sutton and Mark Grace got rumors rolling again.
His contract with the Cubs expired at the end of the season, but back in August when Brenly was asked about his contract status and the Diamondbacks rumors he called it “rain delay filler” and replied that “I have every confidence that we’ll get something done” to remain with the Cubs.
White Sox television analyst Steve Stone was also briefly linked to the Diamondbacks, but said yesterday that he’s staying in Chicago as Hawk Harrelson’s partner.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 40
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 214
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (214)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)