Oct 10, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
Cubs television analyst Bob Brenly is drawing interest from the Diamondbacks, with Arizona team president Derrick Hall saying as much during a radio interview yesterday while coyly using the code name “Lob Lenly.”
Brenly is currently announcing playoff games for TBS, but speculation about the Diamondbacks making a run at their former manager has been prevalent since August and the team officially firing their old announcing duo of Daron Sutton and Mark Grace got rumors rolling again.
His contract with the Cubs expired at the end of the season, but back in August when Brenly was asked about his contract status and the Diamondbacks rumors he called it “rain delay filler” and replied that “I have every confidence that we’ll get something done” to remain with the Cubs.
White Sox television analyst Steve Stone was also briefly linked to the Diamondbacks, but said yesterday that he’s staying in Chicago as Hawk Harrelson’s partner.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)