Oct 10, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
Yasiel Puig, the Dodgers prospect signed out of Cuba for $42 million in June, will not participate in the Arizona Fall League after being diagnosed with a staph infection in his right elbow.
It got so bad that Puig needed surgery, but Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that he should be ready to resume workouts in 3-5 weeks.
After signing with the Dodgers the 22-year-old outfielder was assigned to rookie-ball and then quickly moved up to high Single-A, hitting a combined .354 with five homers and a 1.076 OPS in 23 games.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)