Oct 10, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig, the Dodgers prospect signed out of Cuba for $42 million in June, will not participate in the Arizona Fall League after being diagnosed with a staph infection in his right elbow.
It got so bad that Puig needed surgery, but Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that he should be ready to resume workouts in 3-5 weeks.
After signing with the Dodgers the 22-year-old outfielder was assigned to rookie-ball and then quickly moved up to high Single-A, hitting a combined .354 with five homers and a 1.076 OPS in 23 games.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims