Oct 10, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Ian Desmond took to Twitter last night to give Nats fans tips about the right way and the wrong way to show their Nattitude today:
If your sitting behind home plate field level I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t wear white shirts. For those of u thinkin white out.
— Ian Desmond (@IanDesmond20) October 10, 2012
Serious question: have baseball teams ever done the “white out” thing like we’ve seen in basketball and football? I can’t remember it. Even if they had, I doubt it even extends to the seats down low anyway. That’s more of a golf shirt/polo shirt crowd in most parks than a t-shirt crowd.
They can go for a plaid-out. Or a popped-collar-pastel-out. Or maybe they can do something involving ugly loafers and jeans since most of them will be wearing that sort of thing anyway.
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 0
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 29
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)