Oct 10, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Ian Desmond took to Twitter last night to give Nats fans tips about the right way and the wrong way to show their Nattitude today:
If your sitting behind home plate field level I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t wear white shirts. For those of u thinkin white out.
— Ian Desmond (@IanDesmond20) October 10, 2012
Serious question: have baseball teams ever done the “white out” thing like we’ve seen in basketball and football? I can’t remember it. Even if they had, I doubt it even extends to the seats down low anyway. That’s more of a golf shirt/polo shirt crowd in most parks than a t-shirt crowd.
They can go for a plaid-out. Or a popped-collar-pastel-out. Or maybe they can do something involving ugly loafers and jeans since most of them will be wearing that sort of thing anyway.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)