Oct 10, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Ian Desmond took to Twitter last night to give Nats fans tips about the right way and the wrong way to show their Nattitude today:
If your sitting behind home plate field level I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t wear white shirts. For those of u thinkin white out.
— Ian Desmond (@IanDesmond20) October 10, 2012
Serious question: have baseball teams ever done the “white out” thing like we’ve seen in basketball and football? I can’t remember it. Even if they had, I doubt it even extends to the seats down low anyway. That’s more of a golf shirt/polo shirt crowd in most parks than a t-shirt crowd.
They can go for a plaid-out. Or a popped-collar-pastel-out. Or maybe they can do something involving ugly loafers and jeans since most of them will be wearing that sort of thing anyway.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 23
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 30
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (113)