Oct 10, 2012, 7:44 PM EDT
The 2012 Giants hit 70 percent of their homers in road games. In the postseason, it’s now 75 percent.
The Giants also got five doubles in the game, including two from Joaquin Arias. It’s just the fourth time all year they’ve done that. The eight extra-base hits was a new season high.
Pagan and Sandoval became the sixth and seventh players in franchise history to homer and double in the same postseason game, joining Hall of Famers Mel Ott and Willie Mays, plus three very good players in Will Clark, Jeff Kent and Pat Burrell.
Blanco’s home run was his first in 66 games since July 18.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 161
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (161)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)