Oct 10, 2012, 7:44 PM EST
The 2012 Giants hit 70 percent of their homers in road games. In the postseason, it’s now 75 percent.
The Giants also got five doubles in the game, including two from Joaquin Arias. It’s just the fourth time all year they’ve done that. The eight extra-base hits was a new season high.
Pagan and Sandoval became the sixth and seventh players in franchise history to homer and double in the same postseason game, joining Hall of Famers Mel Ott and Willie Mays, plus three very good players in Will Clark, Jeff Kent and Pat Burrell.
Blanco’s home run was his first in 66 games since July 18.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 251
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (253)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)