Oct 10, 2012, 7:44 PM EST
The 2012 Giants hit 70 percent of their homers in road games. In the postseason, it’s now 75 percent.
The Giants also got five doubles in the game, including two from Joaquin Arias. It’s just the fourth time all year they’ve done that. The eight extra-base hits was a new season high.
Pagan and Sandoval became the sixth and seventh players in franchise history to homer and double in the same postseason game, joining Hall of Famers Mel Ott and Willie Mays, plus three very good players in Will Clark, Jeff Kent and Pat Burrell.
Blanco’s home run was his first in 66 games since July 18.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)