Oct 10, 2012, 7:44 PM EDT
The 2012 Giants hit 70 percent of their homers in road games. In the postseason, it’s now 75 percent.
The Giants also got five doubles in the game, including two from Joaquin Arias. It’s just the fourth time all year they’ve done that. The eight extra-base hits was a new season high.
Pagan and Sandoval became the sixth and seventh players in franchise history to homer and double in the same postseason game, joining Hall of Famers Mel Ott and Willie Mays, plus three very good players in Will Clark, Jeff Kent and Pat Burrell.
Blanco’s home run was his first in 66 games since July 18.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)