Oct 10, 2012, 7:44 PM EDT
The 2012 Giants hit 70 percent of their homers in road games. In the postseason, it’s now 75 percent.
The Giants also got five doubles in the game, including two from Joaquin Arias. It’s just the fourth time all year they’ve done that. The eight extra-base hits was a new season high.
Pagan and Sandoval became the sixth and seventh players in franchise history to homer and double in the same postseason game, joining Hall of Famers Mel Ott and Willie Mays, plus three very good players in Will Clark, Jeff Kent and Pat Burrell.
Blanco’s home run was his first in 66 games since July 18.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy