Oct 10, 2012, 6:11 PM EDT
There’s a bullpen game underway in Cincinnati.
Giants starter Barry Zito lasted just 2 2/3 innings, allowing two earned runs on four hits and two walks.
Reds starter Mike Leake was lifted in the fifth after yielding three earned runs on six hits and two walks.
San Francisco has a 5-2 lead at a sunny Great American Ball Park as this NLDS Game 4 moves along to the top of the sixth inning. The Reds lead the five-game series 2-1 after sweeping the first two games and then losing in Game 3 on Tuesday evening.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)