Oct 10, 2012, 6:11 PM EDT
There’s a bullpen game underway in Cincinnati.
Giants starter Barry Zito lasted just 2 2/3 innings, allowing two earned runs on four hits and two walks.
Reds starter Mike Leake was lifted in the fifth after yielding three earned runs on six hits and two walks.
San Francisco has a 5-2 lead at a sunny Great American Ball Park as this NLDS Game 4 moves along to the top of the sixth inning. The Reds lead the five-game series 2-1 after sweeping the first two games and then losing in Game 3 on Tuesday evening.
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 12
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 16
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 12
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 58
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 21
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)