Oct 10, 2012, 3:35 PM EST
The manager has Rodriguez starting at designated hitter tonight rather than his usual third base, but Rodriguez remains the No. 3 hitter. Eric Chavez is starting at third base and batting ninth, which is where Eduardo Nunez hit as the DH in Game 2.
Rodriguez went 1-for-9 with five strikeouts in the first two games of the ALDS versus Baltimore and hit just .278 with five homers and a .418 slugging percentage in 40 second-half games.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)