Oct 10, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
The manager has Rodriguez starting at designated hitter tonight rather than his usual third base, but Rodriguez remains the No. 3 hitter. Eric Chavez is starting at third base and batting ninth, which is where Eduardo Nunez hit as the DH in Game 2.
Rodriguez went 1-for-9 with five strikeouts in the first two games of the ALDS versus Baltimore and hit just .278 with five homers and a .418 slugging percentage in 40 second-half games.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)