Oct 10, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
The manager has Rodriguez starting at designated hitter tonight rather than his usual third base, but Rodriguez remains the No. 3 hitter. Eric Chavez is starting at third base and batting ninth, which is where Eduardo Nunez hit as the DH in Game 2.
Rodriguez went 1-for-9 with five strikeouts in the first two games of the ALDS versus Baltimore and hit just .278 with five homers and a .418 slugging percentage in 40 second-half games.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)