Oct 10, 2012, 10:57 PM EDT
Tigers starter Max Scherzer has cruised through four innings Wednesday night in Game 4 of the ALDS, striking out five and throwing a modest 46 pitches with Detroit sporting a 2-0 lead.
A.J. Griffin has thus far kept the A’s in this elimination game, but odds are that he won’t be around too much longer. Scherzer, on the other hand, could go eight or maybe even nine at this rate. He’s allowed just one hit and walked none. 34 of his 46 pitches have been strikes.
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 12
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 77
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)