Oct 10, 2012, 10:57 PM EDT
Tigers starter Max Scherzer has cruised through four innings Wednesday night in Game 4 of the ALDS, striking out five and throwing a modest 46 pitches with Detroit sporting a 2-0 lead.
A.J. Griffin has thus far kept the A’s in this elimination game, but odds are that he won’t be around too much longer. Scherzer, on the other hand, could go eight or maybe even nine at this rate. He’s allowed just one hit and walked none. 34 of his 46 pitches have been strikes.
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 0
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 21
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 54
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 77
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 35
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (180)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (100)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)