Oct 10, 2012, 10:57 PM EDT
Tigers starter Max Scherzer has cruised through four innings Wednesday night in Game 4 of the ALDS, striking out five and throwing a modest 46 pitches with Detroit sporting a 2-0 lead.
A.J. Griffin has thus far kept the A’s in this elimination game, but odds are that he won’t be around too much longer. Scherzer, on the other hand, could go eight or maybe even nine at this rate. He’s allowed just one hit and walked none. 34 of his 46 pitches have been strikes.
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 30
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)