Oct 10, 2012, 10:57 PM EDT
Tigers starter Max Scherzer has cruised through four innings Wednesday night in Game 4 of the ALDS, striking out five and throwing a modest 46 pitches with Detroit sporting a 2-0 lead.
A.J. Griffin has thus far kept the A’s in this elimination game, but odds are that he won’t be around too much longer. Scherzer, on the other hand, could go eight or maybe even nine at this rate. He’s allowed just one hit and walked none. 34 of his 46 pitches have been strikes.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)