Oct 10, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
I am shocked, SHOCKED that a pool of poll respondees who are overwhelmingly wealthy and who tend to hail from the south and rural areas skews conservative. But, as Dustin Parkes gleans from a recent ESPN the Magazine survey, ballplayers do in fact swing that way.
In other news, I don’t care if a ballplayer on the team I root for is a communist, an anarchist, a card carrying Whig or a member of The Rent is Too Damn High Party as long as he can mash taters and/or strike dudes the hell out, as is appropriate.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)