Oct 10, 2012, 11:03 AM EST
I am shocked, SHOCKED that a pool of poll respondees who are overwhelmingly wealthy and who tend to hail from the south and rural areas skews conservative. But, as Dustin Parkes gleans from a recent ESPN the Magazine survey, ballplayers do in fact swing that way.
In other news, I don’t care if a ballplayer on the team I root for is a communist, an anarchist, a card carrying Whig or a member of The Rent is Too Damn High Party as long as he can mash taters and/or strike dudes the hell out, as is appropriate.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 72
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (127)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)