Oct 10, 2012, 11:03 AM EST
I am shocked, SHOCKED that a pool of poll respondees who are overwhelmingly wealthy and who tend to hail from the south and rural areas skews conservative. But, as Dustin Parkes gleans from a recent ESPN the Magazine survey, ballplayers do in fact swing that way.
In other news, I don’t care if a ballplayer on the team I root for is a communist, an anarchist, a card carrying Whig or a member of The Rent is Too Damn High Party as long as he can mash taters and/or strike dudes the hell out, as is appropriate.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 12
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 32
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 103
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 45
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (107)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)