Oct 10, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
I am shocked, SHOCKED that a pool of poll respondees who are overwhelmingly wealthy and who tend to hail from the south and rural areas skews conservative. But, as Dustin Parkes gleans from a recent ESPN the Magazine survey, ballplayers do in fact swing that way.
In other news, I don’t care if a ballplayer on the team I root for is a communist, an anarchist, a card carrying Whig or a member of The Rent is Too Damn High Party as long as he can mash taters and/or strike dudes the hell out, as is appropriate.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 53
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)