Oct 10, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the NLDS between the Cardinals and Nationals, in Washington:
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS WASHINGTON NATIONALS 1. Jon Jay, CF 1. Jayson Werth, RF 2. Carlos Beltran, RF 2. Bryce Harper, CF 3. Matt Holliday, LF 3. Ryan Zimmerman, 3B 4. Allen Craig, 1B 4. Adam LaRoche, 1B 5. Yadier Molina, C 5. Michael Morse, LF 6. David Freese, 3B 6. Ian Desmond, SS 7. Daniel Descalso, 2B 7. Danny Espinosa, 2B 8. Pete Kozma, SS 8. Kurt Suzuki, C 9. Chris Carpenter, RHP 9. Edwin Jackson, RHP
As the 1-1 series shifts to Washington both managers are sticking with their standard lineups that were used in each of the first two games.
Edwin Jackson mostly struggled down the stretch, posting a 6.54 ERA in six September starts, but finished the season on a high note with 6.2 innings of one-run ball versus the Phillies last Wednesday.
This will be Chris Carpenter’s fourth start since returning from what was initially said to be “season-ending” surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome. He had a 3.71 ERA and 12/3 K/BB ratio in 17 innings through his first three starts, averaging 90.5 miles per hour with his fastball.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)