Oct 10, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal has a “the Nats need Strasburg” column up today. At the beginning, this nugget:
“If we had ‘Stras, we’d be up 2-0,” one player told me Tuesday.
It’s not like anyone can know that, but yikes that anyone would even say that in the first place, anonymously or not. And, according to Rosenthal, it’s not just a random veteran who sees 2012 as the last best chance to get a ring. He says the clubhouse is divided, and that younger players are upset about it too.
Can’t help but think that if the Nats get bounced from the playoffs due to poor pitching, it’ll be ugly city, with people actually willing to go on the record about the shutdown.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (198)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)