Oct 10, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal has a “the Nats need Strasburg” column up today. At the beginning, this nugget:
“If we had ‘Stras, we’d be up 2-0,” one player told me Tuesday.
It’s not like anyone can know that, but yikes that anyone would even say that in the first place, anonymously or not. And, according to Rosenthal, it’s not just a random veteran who sees 2012 as the last best chance to get a ring. He says the clubhouse is divided, and that younger players are upset about it too.
Can’t help but think that if the Nats get bounced from the playoffs due to poor pitching, it’ll be ugly city, with people actually willing to go on the record about the shutdown.
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 110
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 31
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Royals’ bullpen blows no-hit bid in the eighth inning against the Tigers 7
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)