Oct 10, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal has a “the Nats need Strasburg” column up today. At the beginning, this nugget:
“If we had ‘Stras, we’d be up 2-0,” one player told me Tuesday.
It’s not like anyone can know that, but yikes that anyone would even say that in the first place, anonymously or not. And, according to Rosenthal, it’s not just a random veteran who sees 2012 as the last best chance to get a ring. He says the clubhouse is divided, and that younger players are upset about it too.
Can’t help but think that if the Nats get bounced from the playoffs due to poor pitching, it’ll be ugly city, with people actually willing to go on the record about the shutdown.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8