Oct 10, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal has a “the Nats need Strasburg” column up today. At the beginning, this nugget:
“If we had ‘Stras, we’d be up 2-0,” one player told me Tuesday.
It’s not like anyone can know that, but yikes that anyone would even say that in the first place, anonymously or not. And, according to Rosenthal, it’s not just a random veteran who sees 2012 as the last best chance to get a ring. He says the clubhouse is divided, and that younger players are upset about it too.
Can’t help but think that if the Nats get bounced from the playoffs due to poor pitching, it’ll be ugly city, with people actually willing to go on the record about the shutdown.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 40
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)