Oct 10, 2012, 8:52 AM EST
Ken Rosenthal has a “the Nats need Strasburg” column up today. At the beginning, this nugget:
“If we had ‘Stras, we’d be up 2-0,” one player told me Tuesday.
It’s not like anyone can know that, but yikes that anyone would even say that in the first place, anonymously or not. And, according to Rosenthal, it’s not just a random veteran who sees 2012 as the last best chance to get a ring. He says the clubhouse is divided, and that younger players are upset about it too.
Can’t help but think that if the Nats get bounced from the playoffs due to poor pitching, it’ll be ugly city, with people actually willing to go on the record about the shutdown.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)