Oct 10, 2012, 10:38 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez has struggled mightily in this ALDS against the O’s, managing just one hit while fanning seven times in 13 plate appearances. So Yankees manager Joe Girardi finally decided to take action in the ninth inning of Game 3 on Wednesday night.
Raul Ibanez entered as a pinch-hitter in A-Rod’s spot with the Yankees trailing the Orioles 2-1 and promptly swatted a game-tying solo home run to right field. The dinger sent a charge through Yankee Stadium and pushed Game 3 into extra innings.
Rodriguez was the first to greet Ibanez when he returned to the dugout and the two exchanged a double high five. The Orioles were just retired in the top of the 10th inning, so the Yanks now have a chance to win it.
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 0
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 10
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 139
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (139)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)