Oct 11, 2012, 7:20 PM EDT
It’s do-or-die time. Here are the lineups for Game 5 of the ALDS between the Tigers and A’s. First pitch is scheduled for 9:37 p.m. ET:
DETROIT TIGERS OAKLAND ATHLETICS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Coco Crisp, CF 2. Quintin Berry, LF 2. Stephen Drew, SS 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 3. Yoenis Cespedes, LF 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. Seth Smith, DH 5. Delmon Young, DH 5. Josh Reddick, RF 6. Andy Dirks, RF 6. Josh Donaldson, 3B 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Brandon Moss, 1B 8. Alex Avila, C 8. Derek Norris, C 9. Omar Infante 2B 9. Cliff Pennington, 2B SP Justin Verlander, RHP SP Jarrod Parker, RHP
No changes from last night’s lineup for the Tigers. Justin Verlander will pitch the decisive Game 5 after allowing one run over seven innings while striking out 11 in a Game 1 victory last Saturday.
The Athletics, meanwhile, have made a couple of changes. Seth Smith, who had the game-tying two-run double in the ninth inning last night, will move into the cleanup spot while Brandon Moss slides down to seventh. They have essentially swapped places in the order. Moss is 1-for-13 with seven strikeouts during the series. Jarrod Parker is back for the A’s after allowing three runs (two earned) over 6 1/3 innings in a Game 1 loss last Saturday.
Feel free to discuss the game in the comments section.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)