Oct 11, 2012, 7:20 PM EST
It’s do-or-die time. Here are the lineups for Game 5 of the ALDS between the Tigers and A’s. First pitch is scheduled for 9:37 p.m. ET:
DETROIT TIGERS OAKLAND ATHLETICS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Coco Crisp, CF 2. Quintin Berry, LF 2. Stephen Drew, SS 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 3. Yoenis Cespedes, LF 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. Seth Smith, DH 5. Delmon Young, DH 5. Josh Reddick, RF 6. Andy Dirks, RF 6. Josh Donaldson, 3B 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Brandon Moss, 1B 8. Alex Avila, C 8. Derek Norris, C 9. Omar Infante 2B 9. Cliff Pennington, 2B SP Justin Verlander, RHP SP Jarrod Parker, RHP
No changes from last night’s lineup for the Tigers. Justin Verlander will pitch the decisive Game 5 after allowing one run over seven innings while striking out 11 in a Game 1 victory last Saturday.
The Athletics, meanwhile, have made a couple of changes. Seth Smith, who had the game-tying two-run double in the ninth inning last night, will move into the cleanup spot while Brandon Moss slides down to seventh. They have essentially swapped places in the order. Moss is 1-for-13 with seven strikeouts during the series. Jarrod Parker is back for the A’s after allowing three runs (two earned) over 6 1/3 innings in a Game 1 loss last Saturday.
Feel free to discuss the game in the comments section.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 255
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (255)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)