Oct 11, 2012, 7:20 PM EDT
It’s do-or-die time. Here are the lineups for Game 5 of the ALDS between the Tigers and A’s. First pitch is scheduled for 9:37 p.m. ET:
DETROIT TIGERS OAKLAND ATHLETICS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Coco Crisp, CF 2. Quintin Berry, LF 2. Stephen Drew, SS 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 3. Yoenis Cespedes, LF 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. Seth Smith, DH 5. Delmon Young, DH 5. Josh Reddick, RF 6. Andy Dirks, RF 6. Josh Donaldson, 3B 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Brandon Moss, 1B 8. Alex Avila, C 8. Derek Norris, C 9. Omar Infante 2B 9. Cliff Pennington, 2B SP Justin Verlander, RHP SP Jarrod Parker, RHP
No changes from last night’s lineup for the Tigers. Justin Verlander will pitch the decisive Game 5 after allowing one run over seven innings while striking out 11 in a Game 1 victory last Saturday.
The Athletics, meanwhile, have made a couple of changes. Seth Smith, who had the game-tying two-run double in the ninth inning last night, will move into the cleanup spot while Brandon Moss slides down to seventh. They have essentially swapped places in the order. Moss is 1-for-13 with seven strikeouts during the series. Jarrod Parker is back for the A’s after allowing three runs (two earned) over 6 1/3 innings in a Game 1 loss last Saturday.
Feel free to discuss the game in the comments section.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)