Oct 11, 2012, 7:20 PM EDT
It’s do-or-die time. Here are the lineups for Game 5 of the ALDS between the Tigers and A’s. First pitch is scheduled for 9:37 p.m. ET:
DETROIT TIGERS OAKLAND ATHLETICS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Coco Crisp, CF 2. Quintin Berry, LF 2. Stephen Drew, SS 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 3. Yoenis Cespedes, LF 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. Seth Smith, DH 5. Delmon Young, DH 5. Josh Reddick, RF 6. Andy Dirks, RF 6. Josh Donaldson, 3B 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Brandon Moss, 1B 8. Alex Avila, C 8. Derek Norris, C 9. Omar Infante 2B 9. Cliff Pennington, 2B SP Justin Verlander, RHP SP Jarrod Parker, RHP
No changes from last night’s lineup for the Tigers. Justin Verlander will pitch the decisive Game 5 after allowing one run over seven innings while striking out 11 in a Game 1 victory last Saturday.
The Athletics, meanwhile, have made a couple of changes. Seth Smith, who had the game-tying two-run double in the ninth inning last night, will move into the cleanup spot while Brandon Moss slides down to seventh. They have essentially swapped places in the order. Moss is 1-for-13 with seven strikeouts during the series. Jarrod Parker is back for the A’s after allowing three runs (two earned) over 6 1/3 innings in a Game 1 loss last Saturday.
Feel free to discuss the game in the comments section.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 56
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)