Oct 11, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Dustin Pedroia underwent surgery yesterday to repair a torn ligament in his right pinky finger, which is not to be confused with the broken left ring finger that he played through in the Red Sox’s season finale.
Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reports that Pedroia had a pin inserted into the right pinky finger that will remain there for a month. He initially suffered the injury on July 29, but Pedroia said he had more issues dealing with the torn ligament off the field and “it wouldn’t really bother me when I played.”
As for the broken left ring finger, Pedroia told Bradford that it’s almost healed and shouldn’t be an issue in the future.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 37
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105