Oct 11, 2012, 3:45 PM EST
Dustin Pedroia underwent surgery yesterday to repair a torn ligament in his right pinky finger, which is not to be confused with the broken left ring finger that he played through in the Red Sox’s season finale.
Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reports that Pedroia had a pin inserted into the right pinky finger that will remain there for a month. He initially suffered the injury on July 29, but Pedroia said he had more issues dealing with the torn ligament off the field and “it wouldn’t really bother me when I played.”
As for the broken left ring finger, Pedroia told Bradford that it’s almost healed and shouldn’t be an issue in the future.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)