Oct 11, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Dustin Pedroia underwent surgery yesterday to repair a torn ligament in his right pinky finger, which is not to be confused with the broken left ring finger that he played through in the Red Sox’s season finale.
Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reports that Pedroia had a pin inserted into the right pinky finger that will remain there for a month. He initially suffered the injury on July 29, but Pedroia said he had more issues dealing with the torn ligament off the field and “it wouldn’t really bother me when I played.”
As for the broken left ring finger, Pedroia told Bradford that it’s almost healed and shouldn’t be an issue in the future.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)