Oct 11, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
I watched Jeff Kent on “Survivor” last night so you didn’t have to …
• As hinted at last week Kent aligned himself with tribe-mate Jonathan, who has possession of the hidden immunity idol. And they also brought in a third tribe-mate, Carter, in order to have a stronger alliance with more voting power. Or as Kent put it: “I can control some people.”
• During the weekly immunity challenge Kent came through in the clutch again, this time smashing pots that were perched atop columns by throwing “wrecking balls” tied to a rope. It wasn’t totally unlike the throwing motion used to underhand a double-play ball to a shortstop, at least if you’re like me and need to equate everything he does to baseball in order to make yourself feel better about watching the show.
• As the immunity challenge wound down Kent and a contestant from another tribe, Malcolm, were basically neck and neck hurriedly swinging their wrecking balls. Kent smashed his final pot before Malcolm, allowing his tribe to finish in second place and avoid having to boot someone.
• On the “next time on ‘Survivor’ …” preview Kent was shown rubbing his injured knee, which has a brace on it. And then the footage cut to a medical boat coming to the island and showed several contestants making “wow” faces while harrowing music played, followed by host Jeff Probst saying, “The only time medical gets involved is when someone’s life is in danger.”
• So based on all of that, I guess we’re meant to believe that Kent’s knee injury, which he suffered five minutes into the first episode and had seemingly ceased being a storyline, has now put his life in danger. Or, more likely, that’s the only thing the “Survivor” producers could think of to hype next week’s show.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)