Oct 11, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
“Mad Men” star Jon Hamm and his longtime girlfriend, actor/director Jennifer Westfeldt, did an interview with Vulture that quickly turned to baseball talk and this excerpt about the intentional walk amused me:
Westfeldt: Don’t get me started on the walking. I became very angry last year. The walking editorial I wanted to write …
Hamm: Jen wanted to write an editorial about the intentional walk.
Westfeldt: I hate the intentional walk. It makes me furious.
Westfeldt: It’s just bulls***.
Hamm: Play the game.
Hamm is a hardcore St. Louis Cardinals fan and there’s also some Albert Pujols talk in the interview.
More importantly, if Hamm or Westfeldt or anyone who knows them is reading this right now: I think NBCSports.com would be a fantastic platform for a good screed against the intentional walk.
You write it, we’ll run it. Just let me know.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 34
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)