Oct 11, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
“Mad Men” star Jon Hamm and his longtime girlfriend, actor/director Jennifer Westfeldt, did an interview with Vulture that quickly turned to baseball talk and this excerpt about the intentional walk amused me:
Westfeldt: Don’t get me started on the walking. I became very angry last year. The walking editorial I wanted to write …
Hamm: Jen wanted to write an editorial about the intentional walk.
Westfeldt: I hate the intentional walk. It makes me furious.
Westfeldt: It’s just bulls***.
Hamm: Play the game.
Hamm is a hardcore St. Louis Cardinals fan and there’s also some Albert Pujols talk in the interview.
More importantly, if Hamm or Westfeldt or anyone who knows them is reading this right now: I think NBCSports.com would be a fantastic platform for a good screed against the intentional walk.
You write it, we’ll run it. Just let me know.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)