Oct 11, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
“Mad Men” star Jon Hamm and his longtime girlfriend, actor/director Jennifer Westfeldt, did an interview with Vulture that quickly turned to baseball talk and this excerpt about the intentional walk amused me:
Westfeldt: Don’t get me started on the walking. I became very angry last year. The walking editorial I wanted to write …
Hamm: Jen wanted to write an editorial about the intentional walk.
Westfeldt: I hate the intentional walk. It makes me furious.
Westfeldt: It’s just bulls***.
Hamm: Play the game.
Hamm is a hardcore St. Louis Cardinals fan and there’s also some Albert Pujols talk in the interview.
More importantly, if Hamm or Westfeldt or anyone who knows them is reading this right now: I think NBCSports.com would be a fantastic platform for a good screed against the intentional walk.
You write it, we’ll run it. Just let me know.
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)