Oct 11, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
“Mad Men” star Jon Hamm and his longtime girlfriend, actor/director Jennifer Westfeldt, did an interview with Vulture that quickly turned to baseball talk and this excerpt about the intentional walk amused me:
Westfeldt: Don’t get me started on the walking. I became very angry last year. The walking editorial I wanted to write …
Hamm: Jen wanted to write an editorial about the intentional walk.
Westfeldt: I hate the intentional walk. It makes me furious.
Westfeldt: It’s just bulls***.
Hamm: Play the game.
Hamm is a hardcore St. Louis Cardinals fan and there’s also some Albert Pujols talk in the interview.
More importantly, if Hamm or Westfeldt or anyone who knows them is reading this right now: I think NBCSports.com would be a fantastic platform for a good screed against the intentional walk.
You write it, we’ll run it. Just let me know.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)