Oct 11, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
From a press release from MLB:
For 41 minutes on Wednesday night, Raul Ibanez’s pinch-hit, game tying home run in the ninth inning of ALDS Game Three was the most talked about moment of the 2012 Postseason on social media, with 38,549 comments in the five minutes following his homer. But then his 12th inning game-winning home run nearly doubled the mark, as baseball fans reacted with 74,972 public Twitter and Facebook comments in the five minutes following Ibanez’s walk-off to set a new high for the 2012 Postseason, according to data from Bluefin Labs.
Based on my own Twitter feed from that time, most of the comments were to the effect of “wow,” “holy crap,” and “jumpin’ Jesus on a pogo stick.”
We live in a brave new age.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27