Oct 11, 2012, 2:29 PM EST
That gives Brantley plenty of time to get healthy for spring training after missing some action down the stretch with what was initially called a strained groin.
Despite the injury he played in 144 of 162 games this season while setting career-highs in batting average (.288), on-base percentage (.348), slugging percentage (.402), doubles (37), and RBIs (60).
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40