Oct 11, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Baseball is gone from Montreal, but baseball memories are not:
Montreal will name a street and a park after Gary Carter, the Hall of Fame catcher who defined the golden era of a once-beloved franchise … The street borders Jarry Park, where the Expos played for most of their first decade and where Carter made his big-league debut. There will also be a park in the north-end Ahuntsic district named after him.
Nice to see. His contributions were so great. He played some good baseball too.
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball