Some cool footage from postseasons past in Washington

Oct 11, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT

I’ve trolled the living hell out of Nats fans this week, so I feel like I should throw them this bone in the form of a pretty cool video from MLB.com showing old footage from the Senators 1933 World Series appearance, old footage of presidents throwing out first pitches and some excitement/whatever involving this year’s Nats team. It’s pretty cool.

Note: the stands were full in the 1933 footage. Because back then it was the Great Depression and no one had to make the unconscionable choice between going to work and seeing the playoffs.

Damn. Almost made it the whole post without trolling.

1. no14mike - Oct 11, 2012 at 1:12 PM

So salty. So, so salty.

• seeyoulater11 - Oct 11, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Don’t respond directly to Craig. He’s acting like a 12 year old for attention. Dont give it to him. Trolls hate no attention.

• alexo0 - Oct 11, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Craig’s just bitter because full stands are something they never see in Atlanta.

2. natslady - Oct 11, 2012 at 1:16 PM

That was nice, Craig. No matter what happens, it was a great season. Jeez, it’s COLD in October. 57 degrees–who plays baseball when it’s 57 degrees? Um, the Nationals do!!!!

• woodenulykteneau - Oct 11, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Sure it wasn’t 58 degrees?

• natslady - Oct 11, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Ha, that was funny. Imagine if the Dodgers had to play postseason baseball.

• seeyoulater11 - Oct 11, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Having the best record in the league and getting your ass kicked in the NLDS. No, this season will end as a big disappointment. Have you watched any other playoff games? That’s how postseason baseball is supposed to be played.

• nolanwiffle - Oct 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Yes, because the team with the best record wins the World Series every year……I think.

• natslady - Oct 11, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Didn’t some team win 102 games last year? Some team that didn’t get past the NLDS?

• seeyoulater11 - Oct 11, 2012 at 1:50 PM

The problem is not that they’re going to lose but the way they’re losing. Getting embarrassed at home like that. 12-4 and 8-0. Look at almost every other game this postseason. Really close exciting games. I have no confident that Detweiler can get this win. Actually it will be a miracle if he does. Even then who will show up bad Gio or good Gio? They could lose 20-0 and you would put a homer spin on it.

• nolanwiffle - Oct 11, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Ahhh run differential. Just like when the 1960 NY Yankees embarrassed the Pittsburgh Pirates, 55 runs to 27 runs in the World Series.

Wait a minute….

• seeyoulater11 - Oct 11, 2012 at 2:13 PM

The thing is the Nats aren’t going to win this series.

• nolanwiffle - Oct 11, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Perhaps not. I was merely pointing out that the score of each individual game is meaningless. It’s who wins the most games, not by how much.

• seeyoulater11 - Oct 11, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I’m a Nats fan and I wish they could force a game 5. But I just have no confidence in the starters and bullpen. Do Cardinal pitchers ever have a bad game?

• DelawarePhilliesFan - Oct 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM

57??? You guys are wusses!

• natslady - Oct 11, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Yeah. We don’t have experience at this postseason thing. Don’t worry. We’ll get the hang of it. If not this year, then next!!!

• natstowngreg - Oct 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM

So we’re having nice October weather this year? So what? My glass being half-full, I believe that we will have opportunities to suffer October baseball in all its cold, wet glory.

• DelawarePhilliesFan - Oct 11, 2012 at 3:10 PM

That 35 degree 1st pitch game I referenced was NLDS game 3 ;)

3. Max Power - Oct 11, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Somebody needs to tell FDR he’ll have more power if he gets his legs into that throw.

(Too soon?)

4. dchillin - Oct 11, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Hey Craig, fuck you

• Craig Calcaterra - Oct 11, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Soon as I’m done with your mom.

• goskinsvt - Oct 11, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Craig, a man of the people. I don’t care how much he trolls my team, I f’ing love this guy.

• number42is1 - Oct 11, 2012 at 2:17 PM

A side of craig i have never seen… AWESOME!

• skids003 - Oct 11, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Craig, really, shouldn’t you be above that just a little?

• Craig Calcaterra - Oct 11, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I’ll match the level of discourse people wish to have with me. And I won’t go through life with one hand tied behind my back. Wanna be a dick? Cool. Just don’t think it’s gonna be a one way street.

• pilonflats - Oct 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Craig, i think you made a typo. You need to replace the word “dick” with the more appropriate word “dork”.

5. willclarkgameface - Oct 11, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Eh…

Eff the Nats.

6. clydeserra - Oct 11, 2012 at 4:04 PM

It has stuck me as odd that the Nationals promote the history of the twins so much.

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. J. Soler (3679)