Oct 11, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
I’ve trolled the living hell out of Nats fans this week, so I feel like I should throw them this bone in the form of a pretty cool video from MLB.com showing old footage from the Senators 1933 World Series appearance, old footage of presidents throwing out first pitches and some excitement/whatever involving this year’s Nats team. It’s pretty cool.
Note: the stands were full in the 1933 footage. Because back then it was the Great Depression and no one had to make the unconscionable choice between going to work and seeing the playoffs.
Damn. Almost made it the whole post without trolling.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (161)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)